Saturday, January 28, 2012

DJ, Photographer, Florist, OH MY*

After booking the venue we went into full swing with the planning! I wanted to get all major vendors done as soon as possible because we wanted to be sure we got exactly who we wanted and didn't miss out because they were already booked on our date.

Our first one was the DJ. We had seen him at a bridal show and when he did the introductions he was awesome and exactly what I had wanted for my wedding. So I had to book him! I set up a meeting with him. I really wanted to get the price down since we had already met with a DJ and he gave us a good price but I wasn't completely in love with him. So, I spoke with Joe and he matched his price! And added in some extras! Woohoo! Got my DJ, Joey the Kidd from NJs Best DJs!

Next up was photographer.. it was so tough. We wanted someone with amazing pricing, amazing work and a personality that we got along with. I met with one guy who was a total geek and I probably would have punched him by the end of the night for being so obnoxious. Another was an arrogant asshole who I wanted to punch just sitting in there with him. And we ended up booking with the FIRST photographer we met with. Nobody could top her. Her personality was great. Work was great. Pricing was most reasonable. Woohoo! Second big vendor booked, Something Blue Photography!!

The last was the florist. I wasn't too worried about finding one. I wanted to wait until later on to book her simply because of the fact that I wanted to see the seasonal flowers around the time of our wedding. We met with a few prospective and finally booked ours, Flowerful Events, this past November. I can't be any happier with this decision. Especially since she works with my favorite, David Tutera!

It was so tough making all of these decisions. Especially a photographer, pictures last FOREVER. I want to be sure my pictures are amazing. DJs set the mood for your entire night and I definitely wanted someone out of the box who would be sure to have all of my guests up off of their feet! Which he will. And I want amazing florals for an amazing price, which I'm going to get with Flowerful. I'm so excited! It was such a relief booking all of them.

Next Post: Dress shopping.. from hell!!

1 comment:

  1. Having all of your major vendors booked is such a great feeling! It's also very cool that you got to see your DJ in action, so you know he'll be exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete