Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dress Shopping.. from HELL*

Okay, so first off.. I definitely wasn't wanting to go dress shopping as soon as I did. I still have mixed feelings regarding it. (Which you'll find out more later)

When I started looking at gowns, I loved the mermaid ones but I knew my body would never, ever be able to pull that off.. A girl with hips isn't meant to be in one of them. So I knew I wanted a ballgown.

My first bridal experience was at a local boutique. First off, I walked in and told her my dream gowns and what they looked like. I wanted couture (without the couture price), more bling the better, fluff, tulle, and unique. I then told her my price budget and her nose was kinda like 'ehh' because she didn't have many ballgowns that would work with me in my price range. I'm sorry but I think $2500 is a decent price range for a wedding gown. Especially when you only wear it for a few hours! lol. So we began the search!
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from that experience. But, after I put on a few ballgowns, she began putting me in fit and flare and mermaid fit gowns. I must say, I was absolutely shocked. The first mermaid gown I put on, I walked out in the mirror and had tears in my eyes. I looked AMAZING. Totally not what I was thinking I'd look like in a mermaid. I felt gorgeous, sexy and beautiful. I was not expecting that at all in a form fitting dress. Uh-oh.. could my image of me the day of my wedding be changing??

I left that first experience empty handed.
That night, we then headed to David's Bridal just to check out a few gowns. I put on some ballgowns but they all felt generic. =[ Womp womp. I put on a dropped waist gown with some amazing texture on the skirt and it was beautiful. But, wasn't wow-ing me.

We then had experiences 2-4. I won't go through the trouble of explaining it all. But let's just say, I knew what I wanted and I wasn't finding it. Wah. =[ My one consultant had told me I was possibly one of her easiest brides ever. She wouldn't even have to lace me up.. she'd start and before she could get the second loop in I'd be taking it off! lol. I know what I want that's for sure.

I was beginning to get extremely discouraged. The gowns I really loved that I found online were way out of my price range. But all the gowns that I was finding in the stores weren't wow-ing me enough at all. I loved pieces of each gown but not one whole gown all together.

I was so, so discouraged. I was beginning to hate dress shopping. I didn't even want to think about it. I would leave every store so broken hearted and almost in tears. Thank god I started shopping so early. Who knows if I would ever find my wedding dress??

No comments:

Post a Comment